Monday, October 24, 2011

Meatless Mondays- Music and Food edition

How lovely and personal.


Here it is, that closeness and eye contact!


Dignified and casual.
Music~
So I heard about tickets being given out on the radio this morning on my drive to work for none other than the latest and greatest, given me new breadths of music appreciation, swoon worthy, The Civil Wars! If you have not heard their music yet, don't let another minute of your life go by without listening. A husband and wife band; he's part Johnny Depp, she's part June Cash, they are both equally adorable singing so close to one another it almost makes you feel like you shouldn't be watching! Their mesmerizing melodies and luxurious tone mixed with catchy and haunting lyrics make for a treat for the ears and the soul. (Not to mention, this is great music for the fall season!)

Love this table-scape! Love the miss-matched dishes, the Native American printed table cloth with lace runner, ivory colored tea pot, olive oils, and delicate napkins!

Would love to have the space of collect dishware like this! One day...

I think I could learn a lot in this kitchen...how awesome is it!?

Nothing in this world is more innocent.

How amazing!

Charming.
Food~
Maybe for dinner tonight you could use one of these awesomely delicious looking veg recipes!!!! YUMMOLA!
Given that I went on a 2.5 week vegan stint back in February, I see the world through 'animal vs. plant' eyes now. (Kathy Freston would be so proud.) Though I never started my animal hiatus because I felt that animals deserved better living condition before death, nor did I (nor do I currently) feel that we humans shouldn't eat animal meat- I "went vegan" for the personal health benefits and nothing more- though through greater research I have found that animals are indeed poorly treated before death in most large meat production farms. This is sad to me.

I continue to eat meat but look for more vegetarian recipes on a regular basis. I try to find balance. I also promote the raising of animals on a clean, grass feeding farm that allows the animals to live a normal 'farm animal' life before being killed. I fully understand people's reasoning for never killing an animal to eat or use in any way. And, I respect that. I LOVE animals, and would never want any unnecessary pain inflicted during life or death. But my belief is that if more farms were truly given the resources and incentives for raising and killing the animals in a more holistic way, we humans would live fuller, balanced, healthy, and active lives.


On a lighter note: Check out this website devoted to funny iphone auto correct bloopers! :)




(I do NOT mean to offend anyone. Nor is my opinion based on scientific studies from which I have never conducted. It is merely an opinion. I welcome your comments and opinions but please be as respectful as I have tried to be.)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...