Friday, October 21, 2011

Solemn Solitude/ Have a Swell Weekend!







Do you ever feel alone, and that maybe, your stronger when your alone?

It's a strange thought for someone like me who lives for human connection and social acceptance. I find myself, by myself on most evenings when Kurt is at work and for those few hours (especially now that it's fall and almost pitch dark by 6pm) doing a lot of thinking and wondering about 'the meaning of life'! Haha...but I really do! Sometimes when I know I have a longer time alone I think about all these things that I want to do and accomplish and all these friends I want to see, and I wonder-am I a stronger person when I'm alone?

Well, yes and no.

I'm a stronger person when left to fend for myself because, well, that's humans' natural instinct. The strong survive in a pack. It takes a community. So many sayings exsist about how humans interact because when left alone, we search. Search for companionship. Why else would there be so many dating sites online? And I can't leave out the fact that I am one of the most competitive people I know! On the outside I'm happy go lucky, but on the inside I feel as though most things in life are a competition! I usually don't get upset about "losing", but my first instinct is to win-whatever situation I'm in. (I have my mother to thank for this instinct :))


The whole reason for this rant is: my husband and I get to see each other everyday. Just some days it's for no more than 10 minutes. Those days suck! But I savour those minutes. Those minutes are what makes the rest of the hours in the day worth it! I love my husband and I am stronger with him, stronger for him, and stronger BECAUSE of him! He is my rock. My companion, my EVERYTHING.




This weekend will be one of planning for my lovely BEST FRIEND'S bridal shower (yea Katie!!!) and spending time with the family. Hopefully, getting some girly shopping time in with my mom! I'm so so so looking forward to this weekend and so glad that I get to be the Matron of Honor in Katie's wedding! I love her, she was my very very first friend EVER! Ugh, soon we will both be Mrs.! Craziness!

Have a swell weekend! (Gotta use Mad Men references every once in a while! :))

Explore More...

Be perfectly imperfect!

A great song to go with this picture!


I've always wanted to run through a field!

A pumpkin recipe that looks soooo warm and yummy-maybe for dinner next week :)

?What are you doing to explore, live strongly, and decorate?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...