Sunday, January 8, 2012

Fake It 'Till You Make It...





Resolutions-I wasn't going to make a post about them, seems...obvious I suppose, however, for my own sake of typing them out and making them known in black and white, I'm writing this post in a 'fake it 'till you make it' mentality. For those unaware of 'fake it 'till you make it', it's a saying my mom (I'm sure others have said it too) has said throughout my life. It means, until you master something, fake it and act like you have, eventually you will master it. I've used this mentality in my adult life A LOT already! I've always felt that remembering to 'fake it 'till you make it' gave me an ability go beyond myself and my self proclaimed restrictions. I love this saying!

With that in mind, I have a list of resolutions that I will 'fake until I make'- though I'm not sure MY resolutions need to be faked. I actually think My resolutions CAN'T be faked. So anyway...

1. Remembering what's truly important- I don't really need to have an itinerary for my daily life, do I?
2. Learn to sew...better- I'd like to be able to not fake this anymore, I have too many talented friends and family to teach me the techniques! 
3. Surround myself with things I love AND buy and eat more naturally- Beautiful things make me happy and I love the feeling of being as natural as possible, for human and nature's sake.
4. Go and Do- I don't really know how else to say it, but I want to just get up and go and do as much as possible. Travel, eat, play, read, canoe, camp, love, etc. 

There it is! In black and white! :)

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

:) this is great :)
didn't know you had a blog until today! love reading thru them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...